The Regional Municipality of York is advancing those eligible for COVID-19 vaccinations to now include York Region residents age 70 years and older (born 1951 and earlier) as the Region continues to deliver vaccines identified in the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan.
Effective March 23, beginning at 8:30 a.m., York Region residents 70 years of age and older can book an appointment for their COVID-19 vaccination by visiting york.ca/COVID19Vaccine
York Region Public Health is working with our local health care partners to provide COVID-19 vaccines for this newly eligible priority group at the following clinic locations:
- Aaniin Community Centre located in the City of Markham, operated by York Region Public Health
- Cornell Community Centre located in the City of Markham, operated by Eastern York Region North Durham (EYRND) Ontario Health Team (OHT)
- Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital located in the City of Vaughan, operated by Mackenzie Health
- Georgina Ice Palace located in the Town of Georgina, operated by York Region Public Health
- Maple Community Centre located in the City of Vaughan, operated by York Region Public Health
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex located in the Town of Newmarket, operated by Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Richmond Green Sports Centre located in the City of Richmond Hill, operated by York Region Public Health
Each eligible individual can book their first COVID-19 vaccination appointment online; telephone support is available and is listed under the applicable clinic.
COVID-19 vaccines are available to the following:
- York Region residents 70 years of age and older (born in 1951 or earlier).
- Highest, very high and high priority health care workers as identified in the Ministry of Health’s guidance on Health Care Work Prioritization that work or live in York Region.
- Staff, essential caregivers and any residents that have not yet received a first dose in long-term care homes, retirement homes and First Nations elder care homes.
- Alternative level of care patients in hospitals who have a confirmed admission to a long-term care home, retirement home or other congregate care home for seniors.
- Staff, residents and caregivers in retirement homes and other congregate care settings for seniors.
- Indigenous adults and members of their households.
- Eligible adult recipients of chronic home care.
Appointments are required. Walk-in appointments are not available. Please do not visit a vaccination clinic without an appointment – you will be turned away.
In partnership with our hospital and paramedic services partners, York Region Public Health is working to ensure all eligible and vulnerable residents who cannot attend a clinic receive a COVID-19 vaccine. York Region mobile outreach teams will begin to vaccinate homebound individuals this week.
However, some residents may also find drive-thru clinics opening soon as a good option. A drive-thru site at Canada’s Wonderland will open March 29. Drive-thru clinics are also by appointment only.
As vaccine supply increases, additional appointment slots for residents 70+ and previously eligible groups will be released. Residents are encouraged to check back often for appointments that may become available. York Region will continue to publicly communicate new online booking opportunities through multiple communication channels, including york.ca, social media and our media and community partners.
To ensure all appointments are available to those who are eligible, we encourage residents to book only one appointment per person and cancel any appointments they do not intend to use.
York Region will continue to offer additional appointments as vaccine becomes available. We encourage everyone to get these safe and effective vaccines which protects against COVID-19.
The Regional Municipality of York consists of nine local cities and towns and provides a variety of programs and services to 1.2 million residents and 54,000 businesses with 650,000 employees. More information about the Region’s key service areas is available at york.ca/regionalservices