Markham Public Library (MPL) is now offering free access to Gale Presents: Udemy, an online learning platform that connects you to video-based courses taught by leading experts in business, technology, and more.
MPL customers can explore thousands of continuously updated, on-demand video courses that match their professional goals and personal interests.
As the employment landscape continues to change, workers are being tasked to learn new technologies and skills to stay competitive. This makes it important for libraries to offer services that help adults build new skills that align with industry trends and prepare for the shift toward workforce automation.
With your library card, you can access more than 14,000 on-demand courses across 75 categories in business, technology, design, and personal development.
- A wide selection of course topics with high-quality, in-demand content.
- Courses that are added (and removed) weekly, as new skills and demands emerge in each field.
- An opportunity to learn from world-class instructors working and making advancements in their fields.
- Anytime, anywhere access, allowing users to download classes off-line and listen via podcast-style audio or on Chromecast or Apple TV.
- A tailor-made learning experience based on skill needs and learning preferences.
- Video lectures, most of which offer subtitles and/or transcripts to support a variety of learning styles.
- Supplemental course content, such as assignments, quizzes, practice tests, and more.
- A certificate of completion, available for download when a course is finished.
Major course categories include cloud computing, data science, design, development, finance and accounting, human resources, IT operations, leadership and management, marketing, office productivity, personal development, project management and operations, and sales.