York Region Transit (YRT) service changes will take place on December 20 and also on January 3.
Schedule and route changes will be made to adjust for the holiday season and changing customer demand.
Route highlights for holiday service changes effective December 20 include:
- Launch of new rapidway vivastations on Yonge Street in the City of Richmond Hill
- Minor changes to Routes 7 Martin Grove and 165/165F Weston
- Seasonal changes to Routes 50 Queensway and 760 Vaughan Mills
- High School Specials suspended for holiday break
Route highlights for service changes effective January 3 include:
- Revised school connections for Routes 32, 81, 82, 83 and 86
- Various schedule changes for 400-series School Specials due to low ridership
- Schedule changes to Route 107/107B Keele to meet customer demand
Travellers are encouraged to visit yrt.ca/servicechanges to review changes that may affect their travel plans.
In support of public health measures and to encourage everyone to celebrate safely at home, YRT will not be offering extended or free service on New Year’s Eve. Regular YRT service will still be provided. Bus schedules are available at yrt.ca/schedules
For more information on COVID-19 and YRT’s response, visit yrt.ca/covid19