The Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is recruiting new community members for its board of directors.
Beginning in June 2019, the term lasts for one year and is a volunteer position. The board is comprised of business leaders, community members and medical personal and its role is to advise and direct hospital matters with the goal of making sure MSH remains a progressive community hospital.
New board members are expected to commit to 10 hours each month for hospital business including attending board and committee meetings.
MSH looks for board members with particular skills to fill specific needs and candidates will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Fitting in with the organizational mission, values and culture
- Aligning of experience and influence that represents value added to champion our strategic goals
- Having required skills and abilities to meet accepted good governance standards
- Looking to achieve the goal of increased cultural diversity and gender balance to reflect our community and diverse stakeholders
- Be a resident, or employed, or carry on business in the Markham/Stouffville/ Uxbridge catchment area
- Has been a patient or family member of a patient at MSH within the past year
Helpful relevant skills include those with experience in auditing, legal, public relations/communications, and redevelopment.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume via email quoting “MSH Board Recruitment” in the subject line to Kavitha Shanmugarajah, board liaison, at [email protected] by January 4, 2019. Candidates will be required to provide three letters of reference.